Unit 1 Lesson 3
Part A Let’s say, Let’s chant Part C Culture
Teaching Aims :
1. Be able to listen, say, recognize the words: apple, ant, boy, bag, Coke, coffee.
2. Be able to listen, say, read and write these three letters: A a; B b; C c
3. Through the chant review the letters of ABC, train a sense of group identity.
Focus Points & Difficult Points :
Read the letters: Big letter C, small letter c; Write down them correctly and handsomely.
1. Letter cards ,some word pictures, word cards: apple boy eraser ant crayon body head cake Coke coffee bag ball
2. A little blackboard with four-line format and a ball.
Designing for the blackboard:
panda beaver eagle kangaroo (pictures)
China Canada America Australia (words)
Step1. Warm –up
1. Sing a song.
2. Free talk
T: Hello. I’m Wendy. I’m from Hangzhou.
S1: Hello! I’m ... I’m from Hangzhou,too.
T: Nice to meet you.
S: Nice to meet you, too.
T: Let’s play. Ok?
T: Watch out! (T throws the ball.)
S: Oh, no.
Make a similar dialogue with your partner.
1. 1)T : Today, we will learn letters. Do you know letters? Just as A,B,C…… They are letters. What’s the meaning of letters?
T: Great! A is the first letter. ( T shows letter A.)
T: A a↗↘ S: A a↗↘
T: This is big letter A. 大写字母A。
T: Big letter A. S: Big letter A.
T: Let’s make a big letter A. (With the hands)
Run two trains: Big letter A. (With the hands)
T: This is small letter a.
T: Small letter A S: Small letter A.
T: Look at this girl’s head. It’s a small letter a.
小a, 小a, 小翘辫。
Run two trains: Big letter A, small letter a.
2). T draws an apple: What’s this?
S: It’s an apple.
T draws an ant beside the apple: What’s this?
S: It’s an ant.
T: A for ant, / /,/ /, / /.
A for apple, / /, / /, / /.
2. Teach B b, C c like above.
Pay attention to the pronunciation of c.
Use right hand to make a c.
B for boy, /b/,/b/,/b/.
B for bag, /b/,/b/,/b/.
C for Coke, /k/,/k/,/k/.
C for coffee, /k/,/k/,/k/.
Step 3. Practise.
1. Game: Find out the letters we’ve just learned.
apple boy eraser ant crayon body head cake Coke coffee bag
Read as: apple, No.1 small letter a.
2.1) T: You’re so smart. You can read them. Now, let’s write them down.
Look at the blackboard.
T: First, let’s write down big letter A. One, two, three. Now, Let’s try together. Show me your finger.
S: My finger.
T& Ss: One, two, three.
T teaches the writing of small letter a.
2) T: Everyone has his home. Where is A’s home?
Here it is. (T points at the four-line format.)
T: This is letter’s home. This is the first floor. Then the second floor and the third floor. Big letters A lives in the second and third floor.
Let’s write down it. Show me your finger.
S: My finger.
T & Ss: One, two, three.
T teaches the writing of small letter a in the four-line format.
Write them on your exercise book.
Teach the writing of Bb, Cc.
3. Lets chant.
1) Read after T.
2) Say with the tape.
3) Say by yourself.
T writes down:3.8
T: March 8th is Women’s Day.
T: On that day, you should say “Happy Women’s Day” to your mother.
You also can pour a cup of tea, then say “ Have some tea, mom.”
T&S act like mother and son/ daughter.
S: Ding dong.
T: Come in, please.
S: Happy Women’s Day!
T: Thank you.
S: Mom, sit down , please.
Have some tea.
T: Thank you. My dear daughter.
1).Complete the writing of letters and exercise on the activity book.
2) Make letter cards of A\B\C.
Think it over: